Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Dinner Mystery

Got some time to scribble today as I am sitting late in office. No, I am not working. Neha and I are going for dinner and she has some work. I am just waiting for her to finish.

I proposed the plan as I had an option to eat out. Though somewhere inside I was scared of proposing this to her. Not that she is a bad company but I uncannily had bad experiences over the dinner with her. Most of the time I return hungry for unexplainable reasons. There are plenty or reasons to corroborate the statement. During one of the dinners that we had, I found the quantity that she cooked was not enough for a person like me with humble appetite. In another she fell sick in the middle of dinner. One more is there where she kept eating at CafĂ© coffee Day and I kept chatting with her only to realize in the middle of the night that I was terribly hungry. However, the realization was bit late. I am excited and anxious to see the outcome of today’s dinner.

She told me that she would leave in Jan for Bangalore. It is difficult to imagine life without her after spending so much of time together. We have shared strange relationships. We started with acquaintances, moved to friends, and became good friends, then became colleagues. We also had fights as all friends do and we became enemies also. But I think enemies are dearer than your friends because you keep thinking about them unlike your friends. Three years that we spent together, I loved and hated her for some reason or the other. Now she is leaving and probably it will create a void, which will remain forever. She is just moving to Bangalore from Mumbai and probably our friendship will remain eternal but I still fear that I would miss her. Perhaps now I am accustomed of her presence around me. Life is certainly complex in nature. People come and walk away. You do not care about some of them and they do not care about you. But some of them care about you and you care about them. Only those people matter to you and are dearer. When they walk away you feel a void because they are not around you. Perhaps, God must have decided something good for her. I wish her good luck.

Missed my jog today. I will probably sleep at Sarvesh’s place only. Now he is another character who would make you feel small in front of his grandeur. I can write volumes describing him and even that would not suffice his magnanimity. I will write about him in lengths some other time but in my life span I have never met a man like him. Sometimes I wonder whether he is a human being or a divine spirit residing in a human body. And I am not writing this because he is my friend. As a matter of fact I cannot say that he is my friend. He is not somebody whom you can rely on in your bad times. No, he wont run away but you won’t find him because he might be busy helping others. I demand more commitment from my friends because I am selfish. I demand that commitment for me only. I want them to be there whenever I want them. Sarvesh on the other hand is everybody’s friend. He does not have a priority list unlike me. When I meet people I put them in my priority list that is complex, and have lot of categories. Therefore, my list is very exhaustive and complicate unlike Sarvesh’s. I think, act, and do things differently than Sarvesh. Still we are not friends. Perhaps I am too small by my heart for being his friend.

No comments: